Language Keyboards in Mac OS 10.9
1. Open System Preferences by selecting it from the Apple menu or clicking on its icon in the Dock.
2. Click on the Language & Region icon in the first row of the System Preferences menu.
3. Click on the Keyboard Preferences at the lower part of the Language & Region window.
4. Click the + box near the bottom left of the Keyboard window.
5. Select a language from the left menu, and then a keyboard from the choices provided on the right. Click Add at the lower right of the window and you're done!
6. To switch back and forth between languages, select the language you would like to use from the Input menu in the upper right menu bar. The Input menu displays the flag representing the language you are currently using.
7. To view the on-screen keyboard, select Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu. This is what the Russian keyboard looks like.